- It is getting really wintery at the moment. I love living in a warm and not damp apartment, don't know how people cope with living in regular houses sometimes.
- Have been sick-ish for like four months. Not really really sick, just medium sick, but I have not idea what it is so that makes it so frustrating.
- Working hard on doing lots of work so I can save up to move somewhere (most likely America or England). Although I wish that I had a good group of easy going friends and things to do here, then I would not want to leave at all, it is nice and the air is clear (this paragraph is just me saying what I think please do not comment about it).
- Stood up for myself on the phone when someone called and asked if the could speak to my parent or caregiver (happens all the time, I don't even really think I have a very child-like voice)...
"Hi, actually I am 24 and find it very disrespectful and judgmental for you to immediately assume that by the sound of my voice I am a child. I'm going to hang up now, goodbye."
I am fairly bad at being assertive/sticking up for myself most of the time so for me it is a big deal.
- A girl was wearing a real, non-vintage fur jacket at a crowded bar on Saturday night... hardly thinking about it, I shoved her so hard she spilled her drink on her jacket/friends. Not that shoving someone is a good solution to any problem, but I was heading out the door and it was the first thing that came to my mind in the .3 of a second I had to think about it. I am so sick of people thinking that it is fine to wear fur as a fashion item and not caring at all.
- Didn't come last in Risk last night.
- Organised to take care of someone's kitten in a few weeks.
- One of my favourite people from Melbourne will be in town at the end of this week.
- Finally got a new shipment of my stickers, and put an animal sticker set into my shop.
- Working on an exciting, semi-secret poster project. It's bigger in scale than my usual work and has taken absolutely ages for me to do the shading since it is mostly all in pencil, but more on this soon.
- Bought a funny shirt.
- Watching way too much of The Simpsons. Last night I saw the "That 90's Show" episode, from season 19, I love how all the characters are the same age as they were when I was watching it as a child, so now Homer and Marge have to have grown up in the 90's. Seasons 20-22 seem to be much better written than some of the previous seasons in the 00's though, I wonder if they got new writers or something, or if they just decided to try harder.
- Putting the finishing touches on the third issue of my zine.
- Sorta kinda thinking of cutting my hair short again. It looks better/prettier long, but I have the most brittle/dry hair ever (I don't dye it or blow dry it at all and use ridiculously expensive shampoos and conditioners to try and help to no avail) and it gets so frizzy and broken. Also, for other people with long hair: Does your hair moult everywhere? I have no idea how so much of it can fall out everywhere and yet I still have giant hair. It gets in/on everything no matter what. Still only just thinking about this at the moment though, it's taken so much effort to grow out from when it was short last time.
- Going home to Australia in a month and a half. I am really looking forward to seeing my family (except for Steven I haven't seen any of them in a year or more). Also it will be nice to visit some of my friends and go to cafés to discuss what's been happening and so on.
- I have a show coming up in Portland in July... (once again, more soon).
Maybe there are other things but that's all I can think of right now. Oh, I bought a copy of "The Little Prince" that I'm going to read tonight :)