Sunday, May 16, 2010

In regards to "gigs" in New Zealand...


You can even say the above title in the accent if you would like.

The band who plays before the band who plays before the headline band starts playing at 11pm. I get really tired, and it also means that I can't go out to listen to bands on a weeknight otherwise I'll be too tired to work the next day. I would like to do something about this but I don't really know where to start. Perhaps organising events somewhere where we don't care to make as much money as possible from alcohol sales? I don't know. I just don't think it's very supportive of people who want to have bands, because it equates to there only being Friday and Saturday nights when anyone goes out to see "gigs".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh. Yes so very much. My nana self can't handle the late starts at Bodega and SFBH and still be functional the next day.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, that's a shame. does the Bats Theatre do gigs? They should be less alcohol oriented maybe?

Verity Keniger said...

I find this when I visit Norway where people go out at 10pm and I'm thinking it's my bedtime

hohkyo said...

it's not too bad in melbourne.
weeknight gigs usually finish at 11:30pm.
I saw Tegan & Sara just recently, and they had two supporting acts.
the first started at 7:45pm.

it is a shame though, when the supporting acts are dreadful, and just go on and on and on and on.
XD

hohkyo